Thursday, December 3, 2009

It's Christmas Time!!

We were blessed to get to spend the entire day on Tuesday together...Shaefer had the day off before starting ICU and being on call every 3rd night! We were lazy all morning and then headed out to get our Christmas tree once Camden was up from her morning nap. Picking out a tree is super important...Shaefer ALWAYS wants to get a really, really, 'fat' and really, really tall tree....usually too big for our house....so it always takes some good 'manicuring' once we get home to get the tree to fit inside. Well, thankful for financial constraints this year (who would ever say that??!), I convinced him a nice 6-7 footer would work well and fit in the budget, not to mention in our living room between all the toys. :) Camden was a big help at Lowe's with the picking out process....she was inspecting the trees to be sure we found just the right one...she didn't seem too 'amazed' at all the trees, but she did enjoy running around in the isles between all of them.

Once we were home, she and I started to make some sugar cookies (thanks, Grammy, for the idea and the 'supplies'!). I rolled out the cookie dough and got out the cookie cutters from Aunt Kerri, and we got to work. Daddy noticed all of the fun we were having and decided to join in the fun! Camden was great at tasting the dough and at gently pressing the sprinkles in just right....well, maybe she wasn't so gentle! We had a few cookies with nice and tiny finger holes in them. :)

We decorated the tree while Camden napped so she would be surprised when she came downstairs. Then, we ended the night with Shaefer decorating the outside with lights, and Camden helping. :) Ofcourse, the outside lights are for Camden, not the grown up kids who live here. :)












3 comments:

  1. I love it!!! :) Wish I could come to your door step and sing Christmas carols to you AND eat some sugar cookies!! :) BTW: Where is a picture of the finished product (tree)?

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun!!! MAYBE by the time you arrive we will have our tree up...and I did some outside lights on my own today during my mad dash decorating during naptime. Hahahha- I'm sure Shaefer would be proud!

    ReplyDelete