The few days before we headed to Georgia, Tessa and her beautiful girls came in for a quick visit (on their way to Georgia, too!). I cannot say that our house was a peaceful and relaxing place with 2 toddlers and 2 babies, but it was WONDERFUL to have company in my usual chaos.
Shaefer has had a BUSY month in the VA hospital with long hours, but he seems to really love working with the vetrans. It is so wonderful to see how much he really cares for his patients and I am so blessed to hear him talk about them as people and not just about why they are in the hospital, but about what their lives have been about, and the experiences they have had as servicemen. The respect Shaefer has for these people is so awesome to witness! Thanks, Vetrans, for all you have done for our country!
Lastly, the kids and I went to church without Shaefer since he was working, and it was a success! I made it through the entire service without getting paged for either child, and we were all dressed and happy when we arrived...and when we left. (One Sunday last month, I got paged out of worship for Caleb, and when I arrived in the nursery, he was at the front desk in nothing but his diaper! They said he was just so hot and sweaty they couldn't stand to leave his clothes on...Poor little guy! He really is a sweat box! Hopefully, as summer ends, and this heat subsides a bit, he will be a little cooler!)
This is what happens when daddy falls asleep post call in the middle of the living room floor....Camden 'decorated' him with all of her toys.
i'm SOOOO proud of you for going to church Kristina!!!!! and so glad the kids did great! i went last week and missed the whole sermon b/c somebody was hungry/fussy :) "A" for effort though! :)
ReplyDeletelove the updates and glad everyone is doing well!
ReplyDelete