Thursday, September 2, 2010

September = a better schedule for Shaefer this month

Narration for the pics (i STILL cannot see which order the pics post in until it's posted):
*caleb's slightly crooked smile....like the one his daddy gets when he's nervous
*notice how camden and shaefer are sitting just alike on the rocks behind the house
*camden and ben (kind of) playing together on the day of their move
*what happens when we leave camden alone with her paint pens
*caleb in his little doctor outfit from Paul and Clarissa
*camden and ashley both admiring the Cheerios boxes










I am soo glad Shaefer's rotation at the VA is over. Although he loves the patients there, the hours are LONG. There were many, many days where he left before the kids were up and did not get home until long after they were in bed. September should be a much 'lighter' month as far as hours for him...he does have a lot of research to catch up on, but atleast he will be home a bit more during our waking hours.

Camden starts preschool at a local church next week. We went to Open House yesterday and she seemed to like her teachers (Ms. Joy, Ms. Katie, and Ms. Jessica) but she did not stray far from my side, and she always kept me in her view. She is going to go on Mondays and Wedenesdays from 9 until 2:15. I KNOW this will be good for her (and me) but please pray that the transition will go well. She still cries every time we leave her in the church nursery, and typically is still pretty upset when we get back...they often call us to come get her before the service is over.

...some fun things she's up to these days:

-We just discovered she can play 'catch' with us. I tell her good catch when she catches it and ONCE when she missed, I asked her if it was a bad throw?...so NOW, every time she misses, she says "bad throw mommy." Smart girl!

-She always wants to "pick up bro tha now mommy"

-She LOVES to tell me when Caleb wakes up and she always says "He wake up!" I OFTEN think he has a little help with that, whether it is a sweet and gentle (haha) touch from his big sister or just a loud scream (intentional) or even a nice and easy (haha again) bounce if he's in the bouncer. It is probably my fault though, because I often tell her things like we will go when caleb wakes up, or we can't go outside just yet because caleb is asleep, etc.

-She now sleeps with sooo many things in her bed....right now it's lovey #1, lovey #2, blanket #1, blanket #2, blanket #3, baby dill, her blanket, and baby Chico..he doesn't have a blanket...yet. :) I can barely carry everything and her up the stairs when it's nap or bedtime.

-I know there are so many other things I could mention, but those are just at the top of my mind today.

Caleb is still a pretty happy baby these days...he cries if he's hungry, sleepy, or has a dirty diaper, but other than that, he just likes to lay on the floor and laugh at us. His little laugh is so fun to hear! He smiles very easily and LOVES to 'chew' on his hands....hoping that will not last. I keep trying to get him to love his passy like he loves those hands. He has not 'technically' rolled over yet, as he still can't seem to get his arm out when he's over, but he definitely goes from side to side all day long, and 'rolls' all around on the carpet. He seems to like sleeping on his side these days, well, that is, when he sleeps. I had to put the bumpers back in his crib bc his chunky little legs kept getting caught...and stuck. :) He doesn't have to have a quiet or dark room to sleep, but he just doesn't like to sleep much. I can probably count on one hand the times he's successfully made it through the "45 minute intruder" (all of the "Babywise" moms will understand this!). And, any tips on getting him to take a bottle will be GREATLY appreciated. We are on bottle type #3 and he is still refusing, acting as if it is the worst thing in the world we are trying to do to him. I can remember ONE day where he took a bottle from Camden and Shaefer when he was about 4 weeks old I think....guess I should have kept giving him one bc this is such a challenge.

Our neighbors, Michael, Mihaela, and Ben moved away this week back to Lynchburg, VA. We will definitely miss them. Mihaela and Ben came over several times each week for playdates, breakfast, lunch, or just coffee....or we went there. Mihaela is a fantastic cook/baker, so we got lots of sweet treats from her, too. I know God placed us in the same condo building as them to help fight the lonliness of intern year.

Ok, Shaefer's home post call so I'm off to make him some lunch. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment