Thursday, September 9, 2010

Firsts!!....cereal and 'preschool'



Camden started preschool yesterday!! She goes 2 days a week from 9 until 2. She didn't cry when I left her, she just headed off to the playground with Miss Jessica. I didn't do as well as she did! :) And, she was smiling when they loaded her up in the car at the end of her school day. She did not nap (i think she was the only one in the class who did not, as Miss Jessica told me she and Cam were best buds during naptime and she held her the whole time)....and she didn't eat anything from her lunchbox except for her grapes. But, she has had vivid conversations with me when I ask her how school was and what they did....I don't necessarily have a full visual of how her day went bc I don't know all she told me (smiles!), but she seems happy when she's telling me the stories about her day. I am excited to watch her grow from this throughout the year. School pictures are coming up and she will have a school play in December. Life moves so quickly!!





Sneaking some goldfish in the parking lot before walking into school....



Since Caleb still does not sleep more than about 3 hours at a time, on a good night, we decided to go ahead and start cereal. He's ALMOST 5 months now and with the support of the Bumbo, we thought he would be able to sit up pretty good to accomplish this. He truly watches us eat and seems so interested, so we didn't think it was too terribly early. BUT, we tried for a few days and he seems indifferent about it, but we will wait a bit longer until he can sit up a little better on his own. The last time we fed him, he was very sideways with his head slouching waaay down and ergonomically (is that a word?!) it did not seem fair to him that we were trying to feed him! :) Oh well for mommy's sleep! We'll try again in several weeks.


2 comments:

  1. haha- those pics of little caleb are awesome :) and camden is getting to be sooo big too! o my goodness- such a doll. love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm soo glad that Cam likes school!!! :) That's awesome!! & for Caleb, he'll get the hang of it.... try putting him in his bouncy seat to feed him at first, that's what we did with Charlie & it worked great (he couldn't sit up & eat for a while!!) Can't believe how big they're both getting!! Precious!

    ReplyDelete