Saturday, June 6, 2009

The MOVE to Nashville

So, after reading a few of my close friend's blogs, and not feeling quite so lonely and far away from everyone, I thought I'd start one for the Spires' family to help keep our loved ones updated on our days here in Nashville.

We 'officially' moved in on Monday and have been unpacking boxes ever since....and yes, there are still boxes left to unpack! Although, after about 10 trips to Lowes and Target, I think we have almost everything we need to make this condo our home. We have had lots of wonderful help from our families and we are so appreciative...not to mention the yard men that we hired to unload the Penske for us on Monday! We would still be unpacking the truck otherwise....and they did it (with the help of Shaefer and his Dad) in less than 2 hours.

We are living in a condo that is 3 stories...i'll post pictures later....when there are fewer boxes...smiles! So, baby gates are a necessity. Camden has adjusted quite well so far...her naps are much longer than they were on Desoto Place. We're guessing carpet and the fact that we are 3 stories, helps her have a peaceful, quiet room. There is a one hour time difference but Camden seems to have adjusted to that already, too. She's keeping her usual bedtime of 7:30ish but she is waking quite early.....5:30 am! Guess that means I will be an early riser, too.

We have met several neighbors and are excited to get to know our community better. We plan on trying out a church tomorrow that one of our neighbors recommended....CrossPoint. We will keep you posted.

.....This blogging thing may be harder than I expected....as I have been typing this since early this morning and am just now getting time to finish. I'll plan to post more soon!

4 comments:

  1. yay for your 1st blog! :) so proud ;) i think you'll really love it. miss you guys. keep us 'posted' haha. cheese.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES!!!!!! finally you have given in to the blogging world! we can't wait to keep up with you this way on a DAILY basis - you'll be blogging every day right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Exactly.....bc you know I'm not busy....i mean, i only have one and you're about to have 3!!!! Talk about free time! hehehe Can't wait to see ya'll (my GA slang) next weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Kristina!

    So glad you have the blog. Can't wait for pictures. We will love keep up with what's going on with you guys. I hope you love Nashville.

    ReplyDelete