Thursday, June 10, 2010

Lately....

So, things have been pretty busy here. And, when we have been home, Camden doesn't really like me to get on the internet. She would rather me read to her, play dolls, or sing and dance to the Wiggles, so ofcourse, that takes priority! Hence, the very slackness of my recent blogging. I won't promise to do better just yet, as I am still trying to figure out how to be a good mom to these 2 beautiful blessings!

A brief update: Camden turned 2 and Shaef turned 29 in the past few weeks. We took Camden to the Grassmere Zoo here in Nashville to celebrate and she had a great time! I'll post a few pics, but I didn't quite capture the 'main event' of the day.....Camden decided she wanted to chase the geese in this big open field where there were tons of school age children having their lunch. Shaefer chased after her, and it was fun for them both at first...when she was chasing just one goose at a time. The fun ended (atleast for Camden) when she decided to chase about 6 of them at once.....needless to say, Shaefer didn't get to her quickly enough. She was knocked down and pecked by one of the geese who was trying to protect the other geese. (ofcourse, I didn't laugh until I knew she was actually o.k....but it was a pretty funny site!) We haven't seen any geese since the 'chase' so I'll be curious when we do to see if she remembers.

Shaefer's birthday was not as much of a celebration, as it was the day before we were leaving for Georgia, he had to work, and my car broke down when I had both children in route to the Honda place to have it fixed...again! I was a basket case that day and nothing that I had planned ever occurred. I'm hoping to give him a 're-birthday' celebration soon. After spending 3 hours in the Honda place with Camden and Caleb (i'm sure Honda employees were glad when we left :), we took the shuttle home, so I was without a car that day, and no way to get to the grocery store to buy the 'special dinner' and festive items I had planned. Instead, we ordered pizza when Shaef got home, and he was happy as ever! I love my husband!!!

We also went to Georgia for about 10 days for Annie's (Shaef's sis) wedding and then to spend some time down with my parents and sisters in Sylvester. We went down a few days early to spend some time with everyone, and a BIG thank you to Harrison and Laura who let us overtake their house with high chairs, sippy cups, and a crying baby. My time at my parents was pretty restful, and I even got to have a mini-reunion with some of my best friends from high school and their children.

Annie and Blake's wedding was beautiful and we were so excited to share their special weekend with them! Camden was the flower girl and she did great! At rehearsal, she literally RAN down the isle and almost beat me to the front as I was the last bridesmaid to walk in, therefore she followed me. At the wedding, she chose to walk in holding my hand. I had to hold her for most of the ceremony, while she did things I shouldn't mention...ie, pick her nose (which she had NEVER done before), pull on my dress, etc. Then, when she asked for her passy (outloud!), I sent her to sit with Grandma (Shaef's mom) where we had secretly put 'lovey' in her seat. Caleb, in the meantime, was being taken care of by my mom, and had cried nonstop since we had arrived at the church at 5pm...the ceremony was at 7. And, the crying continued well into the reception, needless to say, we all had an early night back to our room.

And, 7 days ago Camden LOST her passy! The transition has went amazingly well, and she is a true BIG GIRL! After her initial 10 minute 'mourning session' at naptime that Monday (which by the way, absolutely BROKE MY HEART), she really never cried over it again...she did ask for it several times over the next few days, but now we're good...she doesn't even try to steal Caleb's...atleast not yet. I'm so proud of her!! If I would have known it would be this easy, we would have done it a long time ago! She even seems a bit less interested in her lovey's lately, too, but as far as I'm concerned, she can have those forever! :)

....so, i'm sure there is more to update, especially since i've been writing this for 3 days now (smiles!), but I'll just add some pics and narrate more later.

Zoo...






Geese Encounter....






A Muddy Girl and Her Daddy's Solution....



Blowing out the Candle...

No comments:

Post a Comment