Thursday, February 18, 2010

Carpentry with Daddy, More Time with Grammy, and Bedrest....

I am now 29 weeks along with our little boy (still nameless, but we are working on it I promise!) and was put on bedrest last week. My mom came right up to help out until we could get a plan for how to move forward, and another update from the doctor to be sure this bedrest was going to continue....which it is for the duration. :) And, I'm not actually laying in the bed all day, it's the couch! Sitting doesn't help, so I have to be pretty much flat or on my side. Camden is beginning to get frustrated when she comes and grabs my hand to take me on an adventure (either she needs a dance partner, wants a snack or just wants me to follow her to the window, etc.) and I have to tell her to 'ask grammy bc mama has to stay laying down.' BUT, I know she will not be traumatized by any of this and will gain so much by all our visitors and help by the time her little brother arrives. I went back to the doctor this past Wednesday and was given a steroid shot to help develop the baby's respiratory track just in case he comes early.....Shaef has to give me the second dose today....he's excited about that...i'm nervous! Nurses give shots, not doctors! hehe!

In preparation for Camden's big girl room, Shaefer decided to build her a bookcase. She loves to read and has been spoiled by all her grandparents with tons of books, so a bookcase will be just the thing! A few of the pics below show her helping him get started. He pretty much finished it the same day he started, in just a few hours to my surprise and over the past week has stained it and put polyurethene on it. It looks awesome! We have a new bed for Camden, too, so hopefully over the next week we will get that put together and her 'new room' all set up. Wish us luck with the out of crib transition!! :)

The other pics I'm posting are just some fun ones of Camden playing, 'modeling' for Grammy, or resting on her new Valentines pillow! :)








1 comment:

  1. Keeping you in our prayers daily! Was hoping to see you next week, but I guess we'll be postponing that trip.

    ReplyDelete