Saturday, January 30, 2010

SNOW Days!!!

Over the past few days we got about 5-7 inches of snow...and Camden LOVED LOVED LOVED playing in it. The first day it was just Camden and I, and our neighbors, because Shaefer was on call. SO, preggo mama got Camden layered up in no less than 5 shirts and 5 pants...plus jackets....to the point where she could hardly walk and her boots would almost not velcro closed. She was a cute little snow bunny...and warm! :) So, after we were all bundled up, we headed out for our snow fun.....her first 'instinct' was to pick up the snow and eat it....something her DADDY showed her with the icicles a few weeks ago. She's so smart with such a good memory! SMILES!
Thankfully, we had just received an order from Diapers.com the day before, so I had a nice big box for 'sledding' fun! She LOVED LOVED LOVED sledding! She would just lay down in the box and giggle the whole time...she definitely wore me out with the sledding. I guess she did have the easy part...in the box...while I was running up and down the 'hill.' Our neighbors joined in on the fun and we had sledding races...video to come soon.
Shaefer came home Saturday, and after naptime for both he and Camden, we headed outside for more snow fun.....OOOPS, forgot to mention that we did get out in the snow a little bit just before naptime.....The roads were pretty bad here...and Shaefer made it all the way to our complex entrance, before getting STUCK! He called us and asked me and Camden to come down and 'add some weight' to his truck so he could hopefully get up the hill. (I did not take this offensively....atleast not today! :) He has been singing me the "I like 'em hefty...etc." song from Madagascar where the hippo is singing to his 'ladyfriend' hippo, so I'm used to the 'hefty' jokes lately.) Anyway, along with 4 guys from the neighborhood, we got his truck up the hill, and Camden and I got to experience driving/riding in the snow, only to realize we couldn't get up the slightly inclined driveway either....Shaefer and I both shoveled snow for the first time, and got his truck safely in the garage...since it was predicted to be 9 degrees Sunday morning when he has to go back to the hospital. :)
Anyway, obviously (from my long narrative) I enjoyed the snow, too! (and Shaefer ended up taking my snow covered car to work on Sunday bc it is front wheel drive and much easier to drive on the snowy roads....guess the 'danger ranger' is not all he believes....hehehe! :)
Enjoy the pics...i still have a few more to upload, along with one video, which hopefully I will get to tomorrow.







2 comments:

  1. I am so jealous that you get to play in the snow! it is just plain cold here but without the fun part. You know your from the south (the real south) when you don't think twice about using a box for a snow sled! that is all we used as kids at least! loved the last few posts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Playing in the snow is so fun, glad you got to have lots just like we have had a few times this year and it didn't melt for three weeks!

    ReplyDelete